Garden furniture, also known as patio and outdoor furniture is specifically designed for outdoor purposes. Read more to learn about this.
Garden Furniture Types and Care Instructions for you
Just the thought of having warm tea in a bright morning in the garden is so pleasing to the senses. So imagine how peaceful would it be to actually do that? Gone are those days when people would sit on old plastic/wicker stools and sip their tea. Now, everybody is into stylishly decorating their homes and gardens.
It is usually made up of weather resistant materials. Choosing the right style, type and fabric is a hassle. But don’t worry we are here with the best tips and care guide. Your furniture can be of wood, aluminium, plastic, wicker or wrought iron. With these comes the upholstery and furnishings for which the right fabric has to be used. Ideally marine- grade fabric that is weather resistant is best suited for such furniture. Fine polyester/nylon blend, rubber or other non porous fabrics are some of the options.
Pick and Choose
• Poly vinyl chloride
Now, that you have so so many options in your headspace you can easily zero down on one which suits your needs and taste. But , the story doesn’t end here! With this you also have to have the gyaan for its maintenance and care.
Garden Furniture Care Guide:
Care guide for wooden furniture: It should be cleaned once a year with one tablespoon of bleach, five tablespoons of a gentle dishwashing liquid, and water. Gently scrub it with a soft bristle brush and then let it dry. After it dries up completely, coat it with protective oil. To save your wooden furniture from rotting also shield it with waterproof coating.
Care guide for furnishings: Brush the fabric of the cushions to remove any loose dirt. Spot clean any stains and use lemon juice to banish them easily. Make a concoction of warm water with borax powder and mild liquid soap. Dip a sponge in this mixture and scrub gently. Rinse with water and let it dry. If you have to dry your hammocks always remember to stretch them over the frame to avoid shrinkage.
Care guide for plastic and other furniture: Remove scuff marks with the help of light abrasives. Remove mildew with one cup of bleach, two cups of detergent and water. For wrought iron always coat them with wax or naval jelly to prevent corrosion and rusting.
How to buy Garden Furniture?
- If you’re opting for wicker furniture always check the reeds for any tears or breaks. Also ensure that the reeds are flexible and not dried out.
- Find out your need. Whether you need it for dining, lounging, or for poolside. Keep your preferences in mind and buy accordingly.
- Consider the room plan and size before buying. Too many pieces can look tacky and overcrowded.
- Always have a color scheme in mind. If you’re a little dubious, take a cue from the color wheel.
- Keep in mind of the weather conditions. A wooden piece in an area with heavy rainfall will be unsuitable and useless.
- Pay attention to comfort and durability. Nobody would want to sit on a chair that is uncomfortable or that is not sturdy.
There are a lot of varieties and multitudinous options present in the market. Have a set agenda in your mind about your choices. Don’t buy a hammock just because it was your dream to have one. Go for it only if you have a suitable location. Go and buy wonderful furniture with the right FABRIC! (remember marine-grade) and share your experiences with us!
HAPPY SHOPPING 🙂