Cucumber white long :
- Cucumbers are seeded or transplanted outside in the ground.
- Cucumbers are extremely susceptible to climate damage; the soil must be at least 65ºF for germination.
- For an early crop, start cucumber seeds indoors about 3 weeks before you transplant them in the ground.
- Before you plant outside, select a site with full sun.
- Ideally, soil should be neutral or slightly alkaline with a pH of 7.0. Improve clay soil by adding organic matter. Improve dense, heavy soil by adding peat, compost or rotted manure. Light, sandy soils are preferred for northern gardens.
- Mix in compost and/or aged manure before planting to a depth of 2 inches and work into the soil 6 to 8 inches deep. Make sure that soil is moist and well-drained, not soggy.
- Sow seeds in rows, 1 inch deep and 6 to 10 inches apart.
- If you are transplanting seedlings, plant them 12 inches apart.
- When planting seeds in the ground, cover with netting or a berry basket to keep pests from digging out the seeds.
- When seedlings emerge, begin to water frequently, and increase to a gallon per week after fruit forms.
- When seedlings reach 4 inches tall, thin plants so that they are 1½ feet apart.
- Use a fertilizer from your garden store which is low nitrogen/high poatassium and phosphorus formula and apply at planting, 1 week after bloom, and every 3 weeks with liquid food, applying directly to the soil around the plants.
- Do not overfertilize or the fruits will get stunted.
- Water consistently; put your finger in the soil and when it is dry past the first joint of your finger, it is time to water. Inconsistent watering leads to bitter-tasting fruit. Water slowly in the morning or early afternoon, avoding the leaves.
- Mulch to hold in soil moisture.
The picture is an indication of type only
We at GreenMyLife are always a mail away for any questions you may have about your plants.
*Keeps you hydrated.
*Fights heat, both inside and out
*Flushes out toxins
*Aids in weight loss
*Revives the eyes
*Stabilizes blood pressure.
*controls the sugar levels
Check our video on best method for good germination of seeds