Scientific name: Solanum lycopersicum
GERMINATION RATE : 60.00%
Number of TOMATO HOMESTEAD Seeds /pkt : 10
Type of seed : Premium Heirloom Seeds
Out of stock
Notify me when the item is back in stock.
- The red tomato is listed on most nutritional lists as a super food.
- It is packed with the antioxidant vitamins A and C, potassium and the B vitamins for heart health, and above all a powerful carotenoid called lycopene.
- This phytonutrient, which is responsible for the bright red color of tomatoes, has been studied for its role in fighting various cancers, and its ability to lower cholesterol.
- When tomatoes are cooked, even more lycopene is made available.
- Lycopene has been shown to be especially effective when eaten with fat-rich foods such as avocado, olive oil, or nuts.
Height: 24″ – 36”
Optimum Soil Ph: 5 to 6
Days To Maturity: 80
Sowing Method: Start Indoors
Type : Indeterminate
Most gardeners want to get the most out of these delicious heirloom tomatoes and therefore give them a head start on the growing season. Start these vegetable seeds indoors in sterile potting mix being sure. Some people prefer to use a grow pad but the top of the fridge has been known to be quite effective as well.
Once the first true leaves appear on your tomato seedlings, transplant into 4″ pots until you have completely hardened them off in the garden. Hardening is a process of exposing the plants more and more to outside temperature until they are hardy enough to complete outdoor move. Generally speaking, by early summer heirloom tomatoes should be transplanted into the garden.
The picture is an indication of type only
We at GreenMyLife are always a mail away for any questions you may have about your plants.
*Tomatoes are a rich source of the nutrients beta carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, they can help improve vision and protect your eyes from degeneration.
*Provides strength for heart muscles
*Controls hair fall
Check our video on best method for good germination of seeds