Lemon Basil :
- Basil needs 6 to 8 hours of sun; it benefits from afternoon shade.
- Space at the distance recommended on the label, which is generally 12 to 18 inches apart.
- Plants are very sensitive, so keep plants protected in case of a late cold spell.
- Basil likes rich, moist, but well-drained soil with a pH of 6 to 7.
- Because it is harvested continually for lots of leaves, it needs a little fertilizer.
- When planting, add plenty of organic nutrients from compost to the soil.
- Harvest leaves by pinching them from the stems anytime after the young plants have reached a height of 6 to 8 inches.
- Pinch the leaves from the tips of the stems to encourage the plant to branch and make more leaves.
- Try to keep the stems pinched even if you don’t use the leaves; otherwise, the plant will begin to flower and make seeds, and will stop producing leaves.
- Make easy work of this by cutting the entire plants off at ground level, then pick off the best leaves. You can dry them, but freezing them or using them in vinegar best preserves the herb’s flavor.
- Germination Rate : Min 70%
- No. of seeds : 50.
Check our video on best method for good germination of seed