- Quantity: 1 kg
- Color: brown
- Type: solid organic fertilizer
Vermicomposting uses earthworms to convert organic wastes into a high quality compost. Containing water-soluble nutrients, Vermicompost is an excellent, balanced organic fertilizer and a soil conditioner.
Out of stock
Notify me when the item is back in stock.
Vermicompost contains 5 times more Nitrogen, 7 times more Phosphorus, and 11 times more Potassium, the main minerals needed for plant growth, than the ordinary soil. This organic fertlizer is also rich in soil micro-organisms and humus, which conditions the soil and provides a perfect soil-pH balance. There’s nothing better to put in your garden!
Vermicomposting is the process of turning organic debris into worm castings. The worm castings are very important to the fertility of the soil. The castings contain high amounts of nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium.
How to use:
- For potted plants, add a thin layer to the top of the potting soil. You can also add the compost directly into your soil mix when repotting.
- In the garden, simply work it into the ground around the base of each plant. (read “How to Fertilize vegetable plants“)
- It gives seedlings a really good start in life.
- You can also use vermicompost to make “compost tea” liquid fertilizer. Mix two tablespoons of vermicompost with a litre of water and let it stand for a day, shaking it occasionally, then sprinkle under the plants.
The picture is an indication of type only. GreenMyLife team is just a step away from solving any queries related to our products or Gardening (refer to FAQs). Click to know our Shipping policies and Return, Refunds and Cancellation policies.