Beetroot Seeds are Hybrid Seeds.
- The Germination rate of Beetroot seed is 70%.
- Beetroot seeds should be sown into the soil at a depth of 13mm.
- They will germinate within 10 to 14 days.
- It will reach maturity in 12 to 16 weeks.
- The Lifecycle of Beetroot is Annual.
- The Scientific name is Beta Vulgaris
- In India we call it as Chukandar (Hindi).
- Beetroot are easy to grow and ideal for anyone new to vegetable gardening.
- Beetroot is for more than pickling! Try roast beetroot – or even try it in your burger when you’re having a barbecue.
- For best results, sow beetroot little and often, harvesting the roots when they are young, tender and the size of a golf ball.
- The leaves can also be eaten. If you grow varieties for winter storage, it is possible to have beetroot almost all year round.
We at GreenMyLife are always a mail away for any questions you may have about your plants.
Check our video on best method for good germination of seeds