Number of seeds: 2 gm
Out of stock
Notify me when the item is back in stock.
Papayas are spherical or pear-shaped fruits that can be as long as 20 inches. The ones commonly found in the market usually average about 7 inches and weigh about one pound. Their flesh is a rich orange color with either yellow or pink hues. Inside the inner cavity of the fruit are black, round seeds encased in a gelatinous-like substance. Papaya’s seeds are edible, although their peppery flavor is somewhat bitter. The fruit, as well as the other parts of the papaya tree, contain papain, an enzyme that helps digest proteins. This enzyme is especially concentrated in the fruit when it is unripe.
- They can grow in most kinds of soil, but it must be well drained.
- The roots can get diseases if the soil stays too wet.
- Loamy soils are best.
Papayas can be planted at any time of the year.
Plant papayas 1,5 metres between plants and
3 to 4 metres between rows.
- Papayas need little water.
- They will, however, give more and bigger fruit if they are watered every 2 weeks in the dry season. The flowers will drop if they do not get enough water.
- If they are planted in clay soils, make sure that the soil does not stay too wet.
- To avoid waterlogging in clay soil, make a ridge and plant the papayas on the ridge.
- You can pick the fruit when the skin starts to become yellow.
- The fruit will ripen after you have picked it.
- Handle it carefully because it gets bruised easily.
- This Papaya is an exotic fruit.
- It is packed with numerous health benefiting nutrients.
- It has digestive, and medicinal properties.
- Scientific name: Carica papaya.
- Botanically, the plant belongs to Caricaceae family of flowering plants, in the genus; Carica.
- Adaptability of this variety: Areas: State of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, TN, Kerala, MP, Maharastra, UP, Uttaranchal, Bihar, Jharkand, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Chhatisgarh.
The picture is an indication of type only
We at GreenMyLife are always a mail away for any questions you may have about your plants.
Check our video on best method for good germination of seeds