Scientific name: Carica papaya
Indian Name: papaya , papita
Type of seed:Hybrid
Sowing temp:16°C to 30°C
Number of papaya seeds: 30
- Papaya is a short-lived perennial growing to 30 ft (9.14 m) high.
- Its hollow, herbaceous stem is usually unbranched.
- The deeply lobed, palmate leaves are borne on long, hollow petioles emerging from the stem apex.
- Flowers occur in leaf axils. Older leaves die and fall as the tree grows.
- Papaya flowers are fragrant and have five cream-white to yellow-orange petals 1 to 2 in (2.5 to 5.1 cm) long.
- The stigmatic surfaces are pale green, and the stamens are bright yellow.
- Papaya fruits are smooth skinned.
- With every order you will receive guidelines for sowing, replanting and care for your papaya seeds.
- Also we at GreenMyLife are always a mail away for any questions you may have about your plants.
Tips for better yield:
*Easy to grow.
*Spacing: Ideal distance between rows is about 2-2.5 m, and 2 m between plants (or 3m x 3m when grown at sloping land, or 2.7 m of distance between beds for the tractor practice).
*Ideal Temp : 16°C to 30°C
*Weeds should be removed at the young stage frequently and lightly, but never do deep tillage to the soil since the plant has shallow roots.
*Support the plant with stakes, which should tide with the rope, especially when bearing heavy fruits and during storm season.
*Cut the old, dry, or disease leaves and petioles.
The picture is an indication of type only
We at GreenMyLife are always a mail away for any questions you may have about your plants.
Check our video on best method for good germination of seeds