Scientific name: Cuminum cyminum
GERMINATION RATE : 85%
Number of Cumin Seeds /pkt : 30
Type of seed : Premium Heirloom Seeds
Out of stock
Notify me when the item is back in stock.
Spacing: 6” to 10”
Height: 12” to 18”
Optimum Soil Ph: 4.5 to 8.3
Days To Maturity: 120
Sowing Method: Outdoors
- Cumin seeds contain numerous phyto-chemicals that are known to have antioxidant, carminative and anti-flatulent properties.
- The seeds are an excellent source of dietary fiber.
- The active principles in the cumin may augment the motility of the gastro-intestinal tract as well as aids in the digestion power by increasing gut enzyme secretions.
- This spice is an excellent source of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, selenium, zinc and magnesium.
- Copper is required in the production of red blood cells.
- Iron is required for red blood cell formation.
- Zinc is a co-factor in many enzymes that regulate growth and development, sperm generation, digestion and nucleic acid synthesis.
- Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the powerful anti-oxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase.
- The spice also contains very good amounts of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, vitamin B-6, niacin, riboflavin, and other vital anti-oxidant vitamins like vitamin E, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- Sow the seeds indoors in plugs or pots in early spring.
- Plant out your seedlings 4 inches (10cm) apart into a prepared bed.
- Alternatively, sow them in shallow drills directly into the ground and cover with soil or compost.
- Water well in dry weather and about four months later you’ll be ready to harvest.
- Note: Sow them fairly thickly and don’t worry about the plants crowding as they’ll support each other. To harvest; cut the stalks and place 5-6 flower heads in a paper bag. Tie and hang upside down in a warm, dry place. After 7-10 days the pods will have dried. Rub the pods between your fingers and the seeds will drop out ready for immediate use or storing in a jar out of direct sunlight.
The picture is an indication of type only
We at GreenMyLife are always a mail away for any questions you may have about your plants.
Check our video on best method for good germination of seeds