Number of seeds: 10 gm
Out of stock
Notify me when the item is back in stock.
It can also be used to extract oil – a particularly valued pressed seed oil with many commercial uses.
A nutritious, leafy green for warmer areas. It is a fast-growing and best to harvest the whole plant as older plants get tough and bitter tasting.
Planting & Care
- Successive sowings will provide greens over a long period.
- The leaves have a sweet, tangy flavour and are best cooked, raw leaves should not be eaten very often, as they are high in nitrates and oxalic acid.
- Thinly sprinkle the seed on the ground and rake it in.
- Like all fast growing leafy greens loves rich soil with steady moisture and a good supply of nutrients, especially nitrogen.
- It can cope with heat and dry conditions a lot better than any other leafy green.
- Germination Rate : Min 70%.
Check our video on best method for good germination of seeds